All approved exhibitors at EuroTier 2024 whose products are within the subject areas listed below can participate. This also applies to joint registrations. Participation is voluntary and is not linked to any additional, direct costs. The participant bears the sole responsibility for compliance with all applicable legal regulations and these DLG award and testing regulations.
- Farm inputs and technology for the use of farm inputs
- Technology for fodder storage and production
- Implements, accessories and spare parts
- Husbandry and feeding technology for beef
- Husbandry and feeding technology for pork
- Husbandry and feeding technology for poultry
- Husbandry and feeding technology for other species
- Climate and environmental technology
- Digital solutions for herd management and quality assurance/smart farming
- Milking and cooling technology
- Barn and hall construction
- Technology for solid and liquid manure, as well as poultry excrement
- Transport, farm and grazing technology
- Processing and marketing
Within the framework of the Innovation Award EuroTier innovation competition, the award decision is made by the commission in accordance with the evaluation guidelines for gold and silver medals and the Animal Welfare Award in accordance with the evaluation guidelines for the Animal Welfare Award. The decisions of the commission are binding for the parties involved and cannot be reviewed in court for their correctness. If an exhibitor fails to receive an award, the commission is not obliged to provide the exhibitor with reasons for the rejection. Complaints are to be addressed to the chairman of the commission exclusively via the supervising employee from the DLG main office. The award winners will receive a certificate and a medal for each product awarded a gold or silver medal. The winners of the Animal Welfare Award will also receive a certificate and a medal. In the case of a joint entry, each of the participating companies will receive a certificate and medal in the event of an award.
A product with a new concept for which the function has changed decisively and the use of which enables a new method or has considerably improved a known method, will be awarded an innovation gold medal. The importance in practice, animal welfare, the effects on operating and work management, the environment and the energy situation are decisive for the choice. The effects on simplifying work and on work safety are included in the evaluation.
A product for which a known product has been developed further so that a considerable improvement in the function and the method is to be expected will be awarded an innovation silver medal. Here the product does not completely meet the criteria for awarding an innovation gold medal. The economic importance in practice, the performance, the quality of work and the operating safety are decisive for the choice. Furthermore, positive effects on animal welfare and the environmental and energy situation must also be taken into account.
The additional Animal Welfare Award will be presented to a product that has already been awarded a gold or silver medal and that particularly meets the requirements for a higher animal welfare standard. Innovations in the areas of animal welfare and animal health are decisive for the selection. Products that promote the practice of species-typical behaviour and positively support the health of the animals are therefore particularly emphasised. Registration for the EuroTier Innovation Competition 2024 automatically includes registration for the Animal Welfare Award 2024. The award is presented by the Innovation Commission (point 5 of the Testing and Award Regulations). The prize winner(s) will be announced during the announcement of the gold and silver medals. Award-winning products must be fully functional at the time of the exhibition and available on the market by EuroTier 2026 at the latest. The exhibitor is obligated to provide self-disclosure regarding market availability.
This takes place in two steps.
- One year after the award, the exhibitor must provide information on the market availability of the award-winning innovation.
- Shortly before the next EuroTier, the exhibitors’ second statement is made as to whether the award-winning product is available on the market.