The EuroTier Innovation Award is presented by an independent jury (criteria can be found here, currently from 2018). The winners of the EuroTier Innovation Awards can be sure of great international attention. The registration for the Innovation Award not only demonstrates the competence of the developers in your company, but an award contributes to the image of the company and / or brand worldwide.
The Animal Welfare Award has been awarded since 2018 by the DLG together with the bpt (Federal Association of Practicing Veterinarians). Prerequisite is winning a gold or silver medal at the EuroTier Innovation Award
While animal welfare is one of several criteria there, the Animal Welfare Award recognizes a product that "meets the requirements of a higher animal welfare standard to a special degree."
Evaluation guidelines for the „Animal Welfare Award“
Details can be found under point 5 of the criteria.
- Farm inputs and equipment for their use
- Feed storage and mixing equipment
- Equipment, accessories and spare parts
- Cattle management and feeding technology
- Pig management and feeding technology
- Poultry management and feeding technology
- Housing and feeding technology for other animal species
- Climate control and environmental technology
- Digital solutions for herd management and quality assurance / Smart Farming
- Milking and cooling technology
- Animal housing and shed construction
- Dung, solid manure and slurry technology
- Transportation, farm and grazing technology
- Poultry and egg processing and marketing
All companies qualifying as exhibitors at EuroTier 2021 and whose products fall within the categories listed below are eligible to participate in this competition. Joint submissions may also be made. Participation is voluntary and involves no extra costs. The participating company bears sole responsibility for adhering to all relevant statutory provisions and to these DLG award and judging regulations.
To win a gold medal for innovation, a product must represent a new concept in which the function has changed significantly and which facilitates a new process or substantially improves an already familiar method. Decisive in its selection will be its practical significance, its contribution to animal welfare, the impact on operating affordability and efficiency, on the environment and on energy consumption. Its impact on labour saving and health and safety at work will also be considered.
To win a silver medal for Innovation, a product must represent an advance on an existing product such that a significant improvement in functionality and process is achieved. It will be a product that does not fully meet the criteria for the award of an Innovation Gold Medal. Decisive in its selection will be its practical significance in terms of cost, its performance and quality under working conditions and its functional safety. Further factors taken into consideration include animal welfare and impact on the environment and energy consumption.