14. November 2022, 18:00 Uhr - Convention Center, Saal 2, Messegelände Hannover
- Hubertus Paetow, Präsident DLG e.V.
- Gert van Beek, EPP Präsident
Nachhaltige Intensivierung - ein Weg zur CO2-neutralen Landwirtschaft?
- Prof. Timothy Searchinger, World Ressources Institute, USA
- Brigitte Misonne, DG Agriculture & Rural Development, EU-Kommission, Brüssel
- Anders Christenson, EDF Vize-Präsident
Abendessen im Foyer des Convention Center
Tim Searchinger is a Senior Research Scholar at the Princeton School of Public and International Affairs. He is also a Senior Fellow and Technical Director of the Food Program at the World Resources Institute. Searchinger's work today combines ecology, agronomy and economics to analyze the challenge of how to feed a growing world population while reducing deforestation and greenhouse gas emissions from agriculture. His publications include multiple papers in Science and Nature addressing the greenhouse implications of agriculture, bioenergy, forest protection and nitrogen pollution. He was the lead author of Creating a Sustainable Food Future, a comprehensive report addressing these issues published in 2019 by WRI, the World Bank and the United Nations, and a report released earlier this year setting forth a pathway for how Danish agriculture could achieve carbon neutrality. His research ranges from global analyses to projects in countries around the world including Colombia, Rwanda, Zambia, Vietnam and Denmark, and focuses both on issues of science and of public policy.
For the first part of his career, Searchinger worked as an environmental attorney, primarily at the Environmental Defense Fund, where he directed its work on agricultural policy, wetlands and restoration of several major aquatic ecosystems, and received a National Wetlands Protection Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Searchinger has also been a fellow of the Smith School of Enterprise and Environment at Oxford University, a Transatlantic Fellow of the German Marshall Fund, a Senior Fellow of the Law and Environmental Policy Institute at Georgetown University Law Center, a Deputy General Counsel to Governor Robert P. Casey of Pennsylvania and a federal appellate law clerk. He holds a J.D. from Yale Law School where he was Senior Editor of the Yale Law Journal.
Brigitte Misonne is Head of Unit for Animal Products in DG AGRI, European Commission. She has the overall responsibility for monitoring market developments, analysing economic trends, building-up market knowledge and designing EU market support measures in the animal product sectors. This recently involved support for the sector at the outset of the Covid-19 pandemic in spring 2020 and when Russia invaded Ukraine in February 2022. She is also active in raising awareness to the Green Deal and accompanying animal product sectors on their sustainability path.
Head of Unit for Animal Products, in the Directorate General for Agriculture and Rural Development, European Commission
- University degree in commerce and finance, University Saint Louis, Brussels
- 1990-2008: Adviser at Eucolait, the European Association of Dairy Trade – advice to dairy companies on EU legislation affecting dairy trade (Common Agricultural Policy, third country agreements, customs issues, veterinary rules, etc.), contribution to the development of the organisation's strategy and operations
- 2008-2010: Joined the European Commission in Directorate General for Information Technology
- February 2010 to March 2012: Policy Officer and Market Analyst for Milk and Milk Products in the Animal Products Unit of the Directorate General for Agriculture and Rural Development (DG AGRI), European Commission – contribution to the design of the so-called Milk Package, i.e. tools allowing dairy farmers to structure their position in the milk supply chain
- April 2012 to September 2019: Head of Sector for Milk and Milk Products in the Animal Products Unit of DG AGRI, European Commission – contribution to the setting-up and development of the Milk Market Observatory and dashboard
- June 2015 to September 2019: Deputy Head of Unit for Animal Products in DG AGRI, European Commission – responsible for the market measures put forward in 2015 and 2016 to counter a deteriorating situation on animal product markets
- June 2019 to date: Head of Unit for Animal Products in DG AGRI, European Commission - overall responsibility for coordinating the activities of the team in terms of monitoring market developments, analysing economic trends, building-up market knowledge and designing Union intervention and support measures in the animal product sectors, including with regard to mobilising the CAP safety net and exceptional market support measures put in place for animal products at the outset of the Covid-19 pandemic in spring 2020 and when Russia invaded Ukraine in February 2022, as well as raising awareness to the Green Deal and accompanying animal product sectors on their sustainability path.